Dr. Marina Bantzi
Post-DocOffice: ISIS 2.31 Telp: +33 368 855 171 FAX: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AREAS OF INTEREST
Medicinal Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Asymmetric/Homogeneous Catalysis, DNA Catalysis, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Matrix Biology, Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, Epigenetics, Drug Analysis, Multi-targeting Drug Delivery Systems, Pharmaceutical Technology.
PREVIOUS POSTDOCTORAL EXPERIENCE
Postdoctoral Research Assistant, School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, UK, Supervisors: Dr. M. Palma and Dr. S. Arseniyadis, Projects: "Bio-hybrid DNA-based asymmetric catalysis to various synthetic transformations" and "Nanoscale chemical devices: DNA nanotechnology for single-molecule catalysis".
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy, Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Leipzig, Germany. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. A. Giannis, Project: “Biological evaluation of Gli?mediated transcription inhibitors based on a furanoditerpenoid natural product as well as evaluation of the cytotoxic and antiproliferative effect of new artemisinin derivatives in cancer and normal cell lines”.
04.2012-06.2015 PhD in Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy, Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Leipzig, Germany. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. A. Giannis. Thesis title: “Synthesis of a hexasaccharide partial sequence of hyaluronan with modified aglycone and biological evaluation of taepeenin D derivatives”. Grade:Summa cum laude (1,0).
12.2011-03.2012 Visitor researcher in the group of Prof. Dr. Dr. A. Giannis in the frame o f LLP Erasmus Placements 2011-2012, Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy, Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Leipzig, Germany, Project: “Synthesis of an inhibitor of the soluble Guanylyl Cyclase (sGC) as well as synthesis of thioglycine, a liberator of the gasotransmitter H2S and a fluorescein derivative for the detection of H2S in biological fluids”.
10.2010-07.2012 M.Sc. in “Industrial Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis”, Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Patras, Greece. Supervisors: Ass. Prof. Dr. K. Avgoustakis and Prof. Dr. D. Papaioannou. Masterthesis: “Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of fullerene (C60) conjugates with anticancer agents”. Grade: Excellent.
09.2010 License of Practicing the Pharmaceutical Profession.
10.2005-07.2010 Diploma in Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Patras, Greece. Supervisor: Ass. Prof. Dr. P. Klepetsanis. Bachelorthesis: “Preparation of diclofenac complexes with α?, β- and γ?cyclodextrin”.
Young Investigator Award in the FEBS (Federation of European Biochemical Societies) Advanced Lecture Course “Matrix Pathobiology, Signaling and Molecular Targets” 5th FEBS-MPST 2015 for the Best Poster.
Member of Transregio 67, Project Z3 (funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft).
LLP Erasmus Placements 2011-2012 scholarship for three-months practical course in the University of Leipzig, Germany.
1. A. Antoniou, M. Chatzopoulou, M. Bantzi, C. M. Athanassopoulos, A. Giannis and E. N. Pitsinos, “Identification of Gli-mediated transcription inhibitors through synthesis and evaluation of taepeenin D analogues”, Med. Chem. Commun., 2016, 7, 2328 – 2331.
2. V. Psarra, M. A. Fousteris, L. Hennig, M. Bantzi, A. Giannis, S. S. Nikolaropoulos, “Identification of azepinone fused tetracyclic heterocycles as new chemotypes with protein kinase inhibitory activities”, Tetrahedron, 2016, 72, 2376-2385.
3. A. Argyriou, M. Bantzi, A. Giannis, A. Papapetropoulos, G. A. Spyroulias, “NMR study of a soluble Guanylate Cyclase (sGC) human homologue: the H-NOX domain from Nostoc sp”, BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology, 2015, 16 (S1): A73.
4. M.Bantzi, S. Rigol, A. Giannis, “Synthesis of a hexasaccharide partial sequence of hyaluronan for click chemistry and more”, Beilstein J. Org. Chem., 2015, 11, 604-607.
5. G. E. Magoulas, M. Bantzi, D. Messari, C. Gialeli, D. Barbouri, A. Giannis, N. K. Karamanos, D. Papaioannou, K. Avgoustakis, “Synthesis and evaluation of anticancer activity in cells of novel stoichiometric pegylated fullerene-Doxorubicin conjugates”, Pharm. Res., 2014, 32 (5): 1676?1693.
6. S. Rabe, J. Moschner, M. Bantzi, P. Heretsch, A. Giannis, “C–H-Functionalization logic guides the synthesis of a carbacyclopamine analog”, Beilstein J. Org. Chem., 2014, 10, 1564?1569.
7. M. Chatzopoulou, A. Antoniou, E. N. Pitsinos, M. Bantzi, S. D. Koulocheri, S. A. Haroutounian, A. Giannis, “A fast entry to furanoditerpenoid-based Hedgehog signaling inhibitors: Identifying essential structural features”, Org. Lett., 2014, 16 (12): 3344–3347.
8. M. von Wantoch Rekowski, V. Kumar, Z. Zhou, J. Moschner, A. Marazioti, M. Bantzi, G. A. Spyroulias, F. van den Akker, A. Giannis, A. Papapetropoulos, “Insights into soluble Guanylyl Cyclase activation derived from improved Heme-mimetics”, J. Med. Chem., 2013, 56 (21): 8948?8952.
English [fluently-level C2, (City&Guilds IESOL/ISESOL, C2-Mastery and First Certificate in English, University of Cambridge)],
German [fluently-level C1, (Zertificat Deutsch, Goethe-Institut)],
French (basic-level B1)
Spanish (very basic-level A1)